If you are travelling from outside of Canada, you may require a visitor visa or ETA to enter. Please refer to the Government of Canada website to confirm if you require a visitor visa or ETA and for instructions on how to apply.

U.S. citizens carrying a valid U.S. Passport do not require a visa or ETA to come to Canada. However, U.S. residents carrying a passport from a country requiring a visitor visa will need to apply for a visitor visa. 

If you require a visitor visa, you will need an invitation letter from the conference chair. Register with IPAC'18 before applying for a visa, and check off "Requires Visa Letter" during the registration process.
Note, as matter of policy, visa letter requests will only be processed after the delegate is registered.

It is important to submit your visa application as soon as possible. Allow sufficient time for processing. The processing time tool is available for an estimate of application processing times, but be considerate of possible delays.

As of March 2016, any delegates from visa-exempt countries will need to apply for an Electronic Travel Authorization (eTA). The eTA costs $7.00 CAD, and allows for pre-screening of visa-exempt nationals.