Title: Moving from Lab to Market: Global Models of Knowledge Translation and Commercialization in the Particle Accelerator Community
Date and Time: Wednesday May 2, 2018 from 14:00-15:30
Panel Abstract: Moving innovation from the laboratory to the market is key to our long-term growth and prosperity. There are a number of organizations from regions around the globe – each with their own unique approach to fostering commercialization – enjoying successes in this area.
This panel discussion will bring together a group of leaders from high profile organizations from around the world who will talk about how they have moved innovation out of the lab and into industry. We will look at case studies and discuss the challenges, future opportunities and valuable lessons learned in advancing technologies from research to commercialization. The discussion will demonstrate that there is no one-size-fits-all solution for innovation, but rather a mosaic of models, which can provide a spectrum of opportunities to advance technologies into innovations that make an impact in the global community.
- Kathryn Hayashi, President & CEO, TRIUMF Innovations Inc.
- Alberto Degiovanni, Group Leader, Physics-Deputy Technical Director, ADAM SA
- Morgan Dehnel, Chief Science & Innovations Officer, Buckley Systems Ltd; Founder D-Pace Inc.
- Michelle Shinn, Program Manager Industrial Concepts- Nuclear Physics, US Department of Energy
- Nikolaj Zangenberg, Director Metal & Surface Technology Materials, Danish Technical Institute